How adorable are these toadstool cupcakes we discovered in Bake and Decorate Magazine. They are the perfect addition to any woodland or outdoor themed birthday party.
Here’s what you need:
1 1/2 sticks of butter, melted and cooled
2 1/2 sticks of all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 1/4 cups of sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of milk
Vanilla Buttercream icing
Large Piping Bag
Large Star Piping Nozzle
10 food grade foam ball cupcake dome formers
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Place 10 cupcake cases in cupcake or muffin tins.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. Put the melted butter and sugar in a bowl of an electric mixer and cream until pale and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs followed by the vanilla and flour until fully combined.
4. 2/3 fill each cupcake with the mixture. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the tin immediately and leave them to cool.
Decorating The Cupcakes:
1. Roll out the red fondant into a thin sheet on a non stick board. Cut out 10 discs using a 3 3/4 inch cutter or one similar in size and lay them over the dome formers to firm for approximately eight hours. Watch this tutorial for tips on how to create your domes.
2. Roll out the white fondant into a thin sheet, cut out approximately 100 3/8 inch or one similar in size and attach them to the red domes using edible glue.
3. Fit a large piping bag with a star nozzle and fill with buttercream. Pipe a swirl of buttercream on top of each cupcake. Place a fondant dome on top of each buttercream swirl.