Planning your child’s birthday party can seem like a daunting task, but with the right organization and execution the party is sure to be a huge success all round. Aim to start planning as soon as possible–the sooner you start the fewer details you will have to work out on the actual day. Here’s a step by step guide to help you with the planning process.
6 Weeks Before
1. Choose your party theme. For ideas and inspirations please take a look at our Pinterest boards.
2. Confirm a date and time (make sure the date works with your child’s best friend).
3. Decide on a budget.
5. Book any party entertainers.
6. Order paper invitations.
7. Work on getting your child’s class list and draw up a guest list.
4 Weeks Before
2. Plan your menu and reach out to necessary food vendors (food trucks). (Be sure to find out if there are any children with food allergies so you can cater accordingly).
3. If you are in need of tables, chairs or linen rentals reach out to vendors now.
4. Plan and arrange for party decor (don’t forget balloons), favors and craft supplies.
5. Arrange for additional help if need be (you might be grateful for the extra pair of hands come the day of the party).
2 Weeks Before
1. Create a timeline of activities. Decide which games you are going to play.
2. Order a cake.
1 Day Before
1. Bake a cake and prepare foods you can make ahead of time.
2. Decorate your house.
3. Make sure that you have your camera ready and charged.
Day of The Party
1. Pick up the cake and balloons if necessary.
2. Take a copy of the guest list so you can check of guests as they arrive.
3. Sit back and enjoy!